TLS implementation on existing Site

Questions and discussions about Indie Computing's UBOSbox
j12t

Re: TLS implementation on existing Site

Post by j12t » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:49 pm

To see all messages from journalctl, you need to run it as root:

Code: Select all

sudo journalctl
Apparently your web server (Apache) is now refusing to start. That's usually because something is wrong with one of its configuration files. That's not something that happens often with UBOS as the files are generated, so I'm baffled how you got into that state. Try:

apachectl configtest
and see what it says.

criky

Post by criky » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:08 pm

Apparently, this issue appeared in connection with the tls.
Please see below screen for the details.

Is there any way to put all of settings to its default and implement tls certi again?
Attachments
2.png
2.png (4.07 KiB) Viewed 68 times
1.png
1.png (8.99 KiB) Viewed 68 times

j12t

Post by j12t » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm unclear how you managed to get your box into this state. And if that file is missing, who knows what else might be!

Your best bet is probably to redeploy the site without TLS and see whether that gets it running again. Not sure I can provide any other advice.

criky

Post by criky » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:47 pm

Yes, I agree with you, but any of commands like "sudo ubos-admin..." does not seem to work at all due to this issue.
So I can't invoke

sudo ubos-admin deploy --file mysite.json
So do you know how to relaunch these commands or even worth re-install the entire UBOS itself?
I am afraid I changed the Site JSON template files(nextcloud.json, site.json) in UBOS staff but, reboot of the box with staff inserted does not make any updates invoked automatically.(If I should re-install may I comply with the guideline of https://ubos.net/docs/users/installatio ... stick.html?)

criky

Post by criky » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Finally I've solved the problem.
I think my UBOS staff did not seem to work properly at that time, I know it's a pretty good tool, but for me it made the situation a bit more complicated.(I've also learnt manual editing of Site JSON without knowledge containing somewhat risks)

After re-installing all the UBOS on the box, this problem(missing certi file) has gone, and in this time I just followed every steps of your advice to set up my site with tls implemented.(please note my site block was caused by the firewall located on my router)

Thank you j12t , without your support I can not make my first success ever! :)