Additionally excluded accessories with 09-26 update

Questions and discussions about Indie Computing's UBOSbox
criky

Additionally excluded accessories with 09-26 update

Post by criky »

Hi :)
Similar to "nextcloud-files-rightclick", "nextcloud-text" and "wordpress-theme-p2" are also omitted on the installable package list since UBOS has been updated to 09-26 version.

So is there any issue with these accessories(discontinuation or blocked etc)? Or deliberately excluded?

As I said, this issue is particularly crucial for me, as UBOS refuses to restore backup file due to the failure of these packages installation.

Thanks.
Attachments
7..png
7..png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
6..png
6..png (5.02 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
5..png
5..png (2.44 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

j12t

Re: Additionally excluded accessories with 09-26 update

Post by j12t »

Nextcloud-text is now bundled in the main app, so there's no need to specify it as an accessory. Wordpress P2 seems to have been abandoned.

The restore-from-backup use case could probably be made simpler. I filed an issue: https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/790
criky

Re: Additionally excluded accessories with 09-26 update

Post by criky »

OK. Your approach to issue 790 looks pretty good. This situation is really not expected when there comes several discontinued accessories.
As you can see below, for now UBOS can not retrieve specific Apps with or without certain accessories.

As a result, currently backing up from the individual json file and moving data files from the local disk would be the best method to take as a makeshift.

In the long run, your approach appears to be the final solution. Thanks.
Attachments
9..png
9..png (8.41 KiB) Viewed 1114 times