Install worries

You are using UBOS on an x86_64 PC. Please tell us something about the hardware.
colonel_panic

Install worries

Post by colonel_panic »

Hi

I tried to install UBOS yesterday following your instructions here.

Everything seemed OK until step 7 (Wait-5-10 minutes while UBOS generates keys). It was instant, there was no wait. I executed:

Code: Select all

systemctl is-system-running
it was immediately running.

This is a clunky old Atom processor desktop. It is more than 10 years old. Is it just designed for really, really old hardware, or am I paranoid, or is it not generating the keys?

j12t

Re: Install worries

Post by j12t »

That time period depends on all sorts of things ... I wouldn't worry about it, unless you run into other problems later. If you do, please let us know :-)

colonel_panic

Post by colonel_panic »

OK. Had a bit of free time today, and tried to reinstall this. I followed the instructions to copy it to my hard disk. Same issue - no time to generate keys.

I disregarded this, and tried to copy UBOS to my hard disk

sudo ubos-install /dev/sdb
This fails. The end of the log is here:

checking keyring....
checking package integrity...
error: krb5: signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx) <levente@leventepolyak.net>" is unknown trust
:: File /tmp/qmqkizAoEC/var/cache/pacman/pkg/krb5-117.1-1-x86-64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] error: pacman: signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx) <levente@leventepolyak.net>" is unknown trust
Errors ocurred, no packages were upgraded.
Not sure where to go now.

j12t

Post by j12t »