Nextcloud accessory - Redis cache

Questions and discussions about Indie Computing's UBOSbox
criky

Nextcloud accessory - Redis cache

Post by criky » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:31 am

Hi. :)

I installed the nextcloud-cache-redis, and wonder if it is working properly.
Is there any necessity to configure this accessory before using or it always works right out of the box?

Inside of nextcloud app, I didn't find any settings about redis cache.

Thanks.

j12t

Re: Nextcloud accessory - Redis cache

Post by j12t » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Based on the information that you are provided, I'm afraid I cannot answer the question. In doubt, ubos-admin listsites or showsite and systemctl will probably let you tell.

criky

Post by criky » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:55 pm

j12t wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Based on the information that you are provided, I'm afraid I cannot answer the question. In doubt, ubos-admin listsites or showsite and systemctl will probably let you tell.
I just want to know a little more detail about the Redis cache accessory on how to work, what to configure etc.
If you need more information from my side to answer, please let me know.

j12t

Post by j12t » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Well, did you execute something like "ubos-admin showsite --detail" and "systemctl | grep redis" and perhaps "ps aux | grep redis" and what do they say? "systemctl status" on the particular redis instance is also quite useful once you have determined from the previous what it is on your machine.

criky

Post by criky » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:05 am

by j12t » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:30 am

Well, did you execute something like "ubos-admin showsite --detail" and "systemctl | grep redis" and perhaps "ps aux | grep redis" and what do they say? "systemctl status" on the particular redis instance is also quite useful once you have determined from the previous what it is on your machine.
Thanks for your quite interesting info.
1. "ubos-admin showsite --detail" : it tells us all the list of apps with its accessories installed , and only Nextcloud currently has the acc of "nextcloud-cache-radis".
2. "systemctl | grep redis" : mastodon-redis and nextcloud-redis have returned the message of "loaded active running advanced key value store, configured for Mastodon/Nextcloud cache", and also system-mastodon and system-nextcloud with "system-mastodon(nextcloud)\x2dredis.slice loaded active active..." respectively.
3. "systemctl status" : it shows the tree structure in regard of the current system status including the mastodon-redis, and the nextcloud-cache-redis)

Does above info mean redis memcache is working well without having to configure anything else from me?

j12t

Post by j12t » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:34 pm

It seems you are running Mastodon, too? In which case you are running two instances of Redis, one for Nextcloud, and one for Mastodon. All without doing much in terms of setup :-) Which is the point why we created UBOS: to dramatically simplify setup and administration.

From what I can tell, everything is as it is supposed to be.

criky

Post by criky » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:35 am

j12t wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:34 pm
It seems you are running Mastodon, too? In which case you are running two instances of Redis, one for Nextcloud, and one for Mastodon. All without doing much in terms of setup :-) Which is the point why we created UBOS: to dramatically simplify setup and administration.

From what I can tell, everything is as it is supposed to be.
Yes exactly, UBOS is amazing!
It allows me to run my own instance on the Fediverse in a way that requires no hassle.(I run UBOSbox with single user mode and it's great!)
Thank you. :)